In the first season, we explored how networks shape your wellbeing, relationships and community through the eyes of academics and researchers in the field of network science. We also learned some foundational principles of networks and how they shape us and the world around us.
In season 2, we’ll turn our focus to practicioners and innovators. They are using their intuition and experience in networks to build products, services and even communities. They are creating the tools and technologies to help us meet people, nuture relationships and cultivate our networks.
KEY NETWORK SCIENCE CONCEPTS
- Job Opportunities and Granovetter’s Strength of Weak Ties
- McCabe’s Tight-Knitter, Compartmentaliser and Sampler Friend Networks
SELECTED LINKS FROM EPISODE
- S1E0: Welcome to the Reliants Project
- 6 Major Disruptions to Your Network and How to Reduce Their Impact
- Move Over Dating Apps: the Rise of the Friending Apps
COMPANIES & ORGANISATIONS MENTIONED